Second Annual Capital One Survey Reveals What New York City Professionals Want in the Workplace
"Professionals today have high expectations for their experience in the workplace and what their employer provides for them," said
Key findings for
- Flexibility is a must: 84% have their best ideas when they're working in flexible space options, and 81% say they are more productive when they change physical location while working.
- Design elements that matter most: The most desired design elements for New Yorkers include natural light (60%), easily reconfigurable furniture and spaces (41%), and artwork and creative imagery (38%).
- Design drives innovation: 80% of New Yorkers believe companies can't encourage innovation unless their workplace environment is innovative.
- Craving health & wellness: Most New Yorkers said their company doesn't currently offer mother's nursing rooms (80%) or environmentally friendly programs (78%). When asked to prioritize on-site benefits, the top three responses were relaxation/social areas (41%, up from 38% in 2017), healthy food and beverage options (36%), and health/wellness centers and programming (34%, up from 32% in 2017).
- Local culture is missing: For the second year in a row, 70% believe local culture isn't currently reflected in their company's workplace design.
- Location, location, location?: When considering a new job, 68% of
New Yorkoffice professionals believe that workplace design and environment is equally important or more important than office location, with more than 1 in 3 (36%) saying it's more important than location.
Visit the Capital One newsroom for the national results and more Capital One news. To view and download images of
Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points for the national sample and 4.4 percentage points for each of the DMAs from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/second-annual-capital-one-survey-reveals-what-new-york-city-professionals-want-in-the-workplace-300688876.html
Emily Rouse, Capital One Corporate Communications, email@example.com | 571.765.0618