MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE: COF) and its industry leading travel card, Venture, launched a new contest called Venture Adventure, where participants can enter to win a $15,000 dream vacation and other prizes. The card that offers the most value to travelers will now offer the ultimate trip to one lucky winner.
To enter, participants upload a photo of themselves, either stand-alone or cropped into any number of iconic backdrops provided, along with a description on why they deserve to win their dream vacation. Participants are encouraged to be creative in their posting as well as in writing their photo caption since others will be voting for their favorite submissions. Sharing with friends and family will also be encouraged and rewarded. The contest will run through March 9, 2012. Contest details and entry form are available at www.timeforventure.com.
At the close of the travel contest on March 9, a panel of judges will review the top-50 highest scored submissions and narrow down the field to 10 finalists. Travel expert, Randy Petersen, of www.flyertalk.com, will then select the grand prize winner. Other prizes will include a $1,000 travel voucher for the most viral entry of the contest and 25 noise canceling headphones given to the top new five viral entries submitted every week.
"Venture is the best travel credit card in the market," said Shane Holdaway, Managing Vice President at Capital One. "With double miles, no caps on how much you can earn, no blackout dates and other unique features, Venture is the perfect card for people who like to earn travel fast with ultimate ease and flexibility."
Capital One Venture has been recognized as one of MONEY® Magazine's "100 Best Money Moves" for two consecutive years and has been rated the best travel card by many other leading publications. With Venture, cardholders earn double miles on every purchase, every day. Additional Venture features include:
- The flexibility to fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or restrictions;
- The ability to redeem miles for any travel purchase – airline, hotel, rental car and more – before, during or after travel;
- No foreign transaction fees – others charge up to 3% or more when cardholders use their card to make purchases outside the United States;
- No limitations on how many miles can be accumulated and no miles expirations;
- Easy redemption as cardholders can simply make their travel purchase (by whatever means they prefer) using their Venture card, then call Capital One or go online to reimburse the charge with their miles. The cost of the transaction is refunded on the next statement.
- Exclusive award-winning customer service
- Access to exclusive benefits, including preferred access to popular entertainment, sporting and dining events and special offers from leading hotels and retailers
For more information about Capital One Venture, visit www.capitaloneventure.com. For official rules and guidelines and to learn more about the Venture Adventure contest, visit www.timeforventure.com.
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A. and Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., had $128.3 billion in deposits and $200.1 billion in total assets outstanding as of September 30, 2011. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Capital One, N.A. has approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.
Contact: Chris O'Neill
SOURCE Capital One Financial Corporation