Cha-Ching! Small Business Owners Earn 2% Cash Back from Capital One
New Capital One® Business No Hassle Cash(sm)Premier card offers the most cash back across all purchase categories and easy redemption<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />McLean, Va. (August 18, 2011) – Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE: COF) today announced the launch of Capital One Business No Hassle Cash Premier (www.capitalone.com/smallbusiness), a new credit card that offers a market-leading 2% cash back on every purchase every day. In addition, the card has none of the complexities and restrictions commonly found in other rewards programs: no expirations, no enrollment programs required to earn rewards, no spending minimums, no limit to the cash back amount you can earn, and no alternating special rewards categories. The card also offers tools and benefits designed to help manage a business and save time, such as free employee cards that allow small business owners to view and control employee spending; the ability to delegate routine account management tasks (such as making payments and viewing transactions) so the owner can focus on the business; and special reporting to help track spending and simplify tax time.
“Small Business owners are busy and don’t have time to worry about high maintenance rewards cards that require they shop at certain retailers, or continually enroll and re-enroll in various programs,” said Rajsaday Dutt, Sr. Director, Capital One’s Small Business Card division. “Small Business owners want simplicity and value, and no major competitor has as high a cash back rate across all purchases as our new small business cash back card.”
Capital One Business No Hassle Cash Premier cardholders enjoy an easy and flexible redemption process. Customers can redeem their rewards at anytime via a variety of redemption options such as a check, statement credits, charitable donations or gift cards. Customers can also choose to set up automatic redemptions for their cash back – when and how they want it.
· 2% cash back on all purchases, from day one
· One-time $100 bonus (once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months)
· One-time $50 bonus for signing up one or more employees as authorized users within 60 days of opening an account
· No rewards expiration; no limit on the amount of cash you can earn, no redemption tiers, no spending minimums, no enrollment programs required to earn rewards, and no alternating special earn categories
· Free employee cards that allow business owners to set spend limits and track employee spending
· Ability to delegate routine account management tasks, such as requesting transaction information or making payments
· Online quarterly and year-end statements that categorize expenses to assist with budgeting and tax reporting
· Option to personalize card with business name and company logo/photo so small business owners can promote their business when they use their card
· Experienced customer servicing agents who are trained to address the specific needs of small business owners
· Business credit bureau reporting to build a business credit history
· No foreign transaction fees
“We are committed to providing a range of resources and solutions uniquely tailored to give small businesses more so they can achieve more,” said Dutt. “This card hands-down offers the most cash rewards of any small business credit card on all purchases, along with custom features to make a small business owner’s life easier so they can focus on running their business,” said Dutt.
The No Hassle Rewardswww.capitalone.com/smallbusiness. program from Capital One offers miles and cash - easy to redeem, with no restrictions or expiration dates. For more information about the new Capital One Business No Hassle Cash Premier Card, or any of Capital One’s small business products, visit
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A. and Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., had $126.1 billion in deposits and $199.8 billion in total assets outstanding as of June 30, 2011. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Capital One, N.A. has approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.
Contact: Pam Girardo