Capital One Bank Appoints James Jackson Mid-Atlantic Regional President
Announces New Market Presidents to Lead Business and Philanthropic Priorities
McLean, Va. (May 14, 2010) – Capital One Bank, N.A., announced today the appointment of James Jackson as Mid-Atlantic Regional President. As the leading Capital One Bank executive in the Mid-Atlantic, Jackson will be responsible for guiding the company's strategic efforts to meet market and community needs through an array of company-wide resources, including philanthropy, volunteerism, and exceptional banking products and services.
Jackson will continue to serve in his functional role as Executive Vice President of Branch Distribution for the company overseeing approximately 1,000 branches and the Brokerage, Trust and Asset Management businesses. He will remain a member of the bank's senior leadership team, reporting directly to Lynn Pike, President of Capital One Bank, NA. Jackson is an industry leader in banking, who has served in a variety of executive level positions. He has been a champion of community activities throughout his career. He joined Capital One Bank in 2009, after more than 25 years at Bank of America.
He will replace Pat Clancy, a veteran of Chevy Chase Bank since 1995 serving as Executive Vice President and Chief Lending Officer, and taking on the role of Market President when Chevy Chase was acquired by Capital One Bank in 2009. Clancy will continue to support the Market President network serving in an advisory role throughout the bank's transition.
Capital One also announced the appointment of seven senior bank executives to serve as local Market Presidents throughout Washington D.C. , Virginia , and Maryland . They will be responsible for leading the Bank's community focus and philanthropic commitment to meet the unique needs of the communities that Capital One Bank serves.
“Our Market Presidents are focused on continuously improving the Capital One Bank customer experience, growing revenue and leveraging market opportunities. They also play a key role in overseeing and coordinating company resources to help ensure that we're making a meaningful contribution to the local communities that we serve,” said Lynn Pike, President of Capital One Bank, NA. “With their combined backgrounds and expertise in commercial, consumer and business banking, this focused and integrated local market leadership team represents the breadth and depth of Capital One Bank.”
Capital One Bank's new Market Presidents for the Mid-Atlantic include:
- Prince Georges and Eastern Shore Market President: John Allen, who also serves as Vice President and District Manager within Branch Distribution for the District of Columbia.
- Central Virginia, including Richmond, Market President: Katherine Busser, who also serves as Executive Vice President of Bank Operations and Enterprise Payments.
- Loudon and Fairfax Counties Market President: Kimberly Conte, who also serves as Senior Vice President and Regional Branch Distribution Executive for Virginia.
- Montgomery County Market President: David Dineen, who also serves as Senior Vice President of Private and Not-for-Profit Banking for the Mid-Atlantic.
- Arlington, Alexandria and Southern Fairfax County Market President: Eric Lawrence, who also serves as Senior Vice President and Regional Head of Commercial Real Estate for the Mid-Atlantic.
- Washington D.C. Market President: Adam Ostrach, who also serves as Senior Vice President of Middle Market Banking for the Mid-Atlantic.
- Northeast Maryland Market President: Tony Pica, who also serves as Senior Vice President and Group Executive for Business Banking.
“I am excited to lead this powerhouse of bankers in the Mid-Atlantic Market,” said Jackson. “There is an abundance of opportunity for our company in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia Markets. As the local face of Capital One, it is critical that we demonstrate our exceptional commitment to the communities that we serve.”
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation ( www.capitalone.com ) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A. and Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., had $117.8 billion in deposits and $200.7 billion in total managed assets outstanding as of March 31, 2010. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Capital One, N.A. has approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.